I have read my share of stories where a person one day quits a desk job, picks up a backpack and gets on a plane. It has become so cliché!
It’s come to a point where now people believe that if you want to be happy and free you need a backpack and you need to be a nomad. Not true. You can have a desk job and still travel the world and be happy and free. In fact sometimes it works out a lot easier.
So, if you have a desk job which you don’t want/can’t afford to leave, read on. Here are some reasons why traveling while chained to a desk is feasible and advantageous.
1. You constant day job makes you realize the value of vacations.
2. You have a steady cash inflow so you need not be worried about landing odd jobs in different countries.
3. You can plan your vacation from the comfort your home instead of using the time to explore a new place to plan for another one.
4. You have a shelf in own home where you can display all your souvenirs. Imagine tugging all your souvenirs from place to place. Worse still imagine NO Souvenirs at all.
5. It is so much easier to get over post trip depression since you have a routine to get back to.
6. You can plan your vacations with like-minded friends and relatives. Imagine the hours of fun pouring over guide books and blogs and trip planning.
7. You know the hard work that went into maintaining the balance in your bank and hence you will be conscious of your budget.
8. Sometimes the best part of traveling is coming back home. Back to the familiar comforts and familiar people.
So all you people at your desk reading this… Go, get out, travel!
It is the only thing that makes you richer the more you spend.